Friday, July 29, 2011

Projects

I cleaned up and organized my workspace. Good sign of things to come. It means I am ready. I am feeling good.
I then propped myself in front of the computer and managed to get 121 words in the past two hours. Not bad. Trying to be gentle with myself here. It would have been more words, but then I deleted every other word. That delete button is just so handy. And my internal editor quick to chop.
Then came the part of silence. Of my brain not working. So I glance around my table and chance upon an open notebook with scribbles of ideas for a children's book. Aha. Why not put that in my slew of projects for 2011? Self-designated projects for which I am both boss and worker. Whip cracker and isolated madwoman.
Hmmm...less than a year left and I have not accomplished anything yet, but seem to be just great at adding to the pile: Two happy barking dog paintings, a novel and a children's book.
K, 5 months, 4 projects and 1 happy baby. The math does not seem to add up. But then again, I've never been good at math.

No comments:

Post a Comment